quinta-feira, 3 de maio de 2012

What's e-mail?


"What email? I logged on ages ago but I didn't get an email about stupid Peter ..."

Log on – logged on – logged on


Meaning: If you log on, you connect your computer to a system or network, usually by typing a username and password.

Grammar: This phrasal verb doesn't need an object. If you want to use an object, you need to use the preposition 'to'. The object must go after the preposition.

He logged on
He logged on to the network

He logged to the network on - NOT CORRECT

Example sentence: I haven't finished my work because there was a fault in the network and I couldn't log on until 4 o'clock.

Synonyms: log in, get in, get into, connect, access


From: BBC Learning English - http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário